Wednesday 11 November 2015

Digital News Production ( News Package Plan Outline and Reflections)

Below I will be entailing the final conclusion to my brand, story, direction and over all plan for this news-package including it's shoot location, presenters and people that are part of the story.

Brand: Trendz Tv


 

Trendz Tv is a lifestyle news channel that will target an audience of 18+ providing them with news in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Fashion, Beauty, and interesting world affair topics. Given that lifestyle news is a vast and endless collection of categories and topics, I've had to narrow down what I'm focusing on for the news-package to avoid confusion and losing the attention of the audience. This will draw the viewer more towards my channel as they will feel it is specific to them, given that my topics are about lifestyle.

Now according to Kissmetrics ,  there is a way colour can be used to draw in your audience, this is referred to as colour psychology - basically using the right colours to send the right message and more importantly to appeal to your target audience. Now given that my potential audience would be 18+, creative and very out-going, I must use colours that they also would like to draw them in. If I'm looking for a certain type of crowd I have to intergrate the qualities I want in my audience in my channel and website in order for them to feel a connection and liking for it. I chose to make a simple logo as I don't feel people rely on this alone to determine what makes a good news channel. According to a recent study by the university of British Colombia, Red and Blue are the two most useful colours in informative and advertisement aspects.

When you see red thoughts that come to mind tend to be danger, warnings, or maybe a violation of some sort. So Using a colour like red for a news package with an informative nature and serious topics would be ideal e.g. Sky News, BBC etc.

However, Blue is a rather more cool ,calm and collected colour. When I see blue I think about pretty clear waters in Fiji, Oceans, the sky, the sea. These are all things that evoke a certain calm in those that are receptive to the image. I chose pastel colours because they are bright, cheerful and calming and I feel these colours are relevant to my subject material for the news package.

News Package:
The news package will feature a short look at love letters in the past and their comparison to dating apps today. The whole aim of this news package is to highlight the culture and difference in communication between then (1917, First World War)  and (The new Millennium, 2015,  Today). It will also play on the introduction to communication technology i.e. The internet - emailing, Messaging, Video calling and conferencing and how it has changed people's perception of love and its communication.


Professionals being interviewed:
I sent an Email to the Imperial War Museum London that requests from their press department a curator to be interviewed for my project. However, IWM weren't open to being interviewed by a student and given that I was running out of time I had to make do without an interview section. The package will be presented by Mark Adeyeye a student on the university of Kent's Film and Drama course. His presentation of the package is ultimately what will string my piece together given that I no longer have access nor time to interview a professional from the museum.



Location: The news Package will be filmed at the Imperial War Museum as it is an essential and main part of this program .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© SLTV Production 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Welcome Box

 

SLTV Production Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger