Monday 24 November 2014

Forever in days (Production Process)



Production was difficult for me because I was basically a one-man team. My friend hardly had experience in camera work so the most she could do was hold things and help bring me things I needed for the shoot. I had to be on top of sound and visuals; and concentration on two things at a time can be difficult for me. The first hindrance was lack of cast. I had looked on casting call pro and received confirmation from my desired cast but as the day drew closer towards filming I was getting excuses that weren’t going to help me. My male character dropped out the project saying he had found a better opportunity that pays which I can’t be against him for. However it was rather inappropriate to leave it so late and not giving me enough time to execute a backup plan.

But difficulties and all, I managed to get my sister to take on the role of Dr. Whittaker, it may not be an accurate description of my character, but at least I had someone in place. My female character was ill which limited her performance of the role, but as stated earlier it was too late to make any more adjustments so I made do. I am grateful as she still went out of her way despite being very ill. In addition, due to the weather I wasn’t able to get much coverage because of the rain, I couldn’t let any damage happen to the camera. And bad planning also was a reason for little coverage for my film.

In addition, I found that after several camera sessions I was still having difficulty using the camera to it’s full potential, which shows I can show more interest and pay attention in the technical aspect of this course.  As there is no film without hard work on this part.

Overall, the production process had a lot of hiccups for me, which I now know to avoid.  Such as checking the forecast for suitable filming conditions, Planning shoot days way ahead of time to avoid time wastage and problems on the day. An on going solution to the quality of my work would be to research more into editing and filming and different tips and tricks that can help one to produce an artistic and meaningful piece of work. Websites I'm aware of are Phillip Blooms and Marvel's Film. 
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

© SLTV Production 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Welcome Box

 

SLTV Production Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger