Tuesday 27 October 2015

Digitial News Production: Green Screen Workshop, Adobe Illustrator & After effects tutorial

Green Screen Workshop

The Green screen allows you to get creative with your visual pieces. It's a medium that allows you erase visual you don't need in your visual and key in new ones. For example, you might shoot an interview in a studio but you don't like the atmosphere/surrounding and want something more relevant to your topic of discussion for the interview. You can use a green screen to get rid of that backdrop and add a new one, be it an image or graphic design studio setup.



Below is a video that fully helped me understand the process as I couldn't view the workshop. Adorama are an American media technology company that specialize in Selling media products and train people in their usage to ensure good use of the product. I watched their green screen video and many others that help in fields like this.




Key things to remember when using a green screen to key in Images to your footage.
  • Green is perfect for Keying particularly with a DSLR as they're more compressed in data.
  • Make sure no wrinkles are visible to avoid unwanted texture and bad shadows for keying
  • Never place the subject to close or far from the green screen to avoid the green reflecting on the subject and also to avoid losing the green backdrop. 
  • The subject should be placed forward to allow room for a foreground and background lighting which is good for filming. 
  • Tweak the lights to your advantage to eliminate shadows in the green screen and create an even background.
  • Adjust camera aperture to maximize  good lighting on the subject
Source: Adorama

 I was thinking of using Adobe Illustrator CS6 but later decided it was a bit technical and far too advanced for me to use without good understanding of it for this project. I have since decided I will be using Imovie to help me successfully lay my image in place of the green screen.

Below is a screenshot of my finished design for my green screen and how it looks in my final piece.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

© SLTV Production 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Welcome Box

 

SLTV Production Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger